Cutting south from Alcamo, the Country takes you by surprise: you can find great neat vineyards, citruses and wheat fields.
The impressive order, the rolling hills and the quiet roads are the recurrent theme of these places.
Our second stop is Selinunte, the ancient Greek city in the South-Western of the Sicilian coast that may be called the “pearl of Sicily” because of its Acropolis full of temples.
Some important dos:
- Wake up early in the morning and visit the Archaeological Park of Selinunte before the intense heat and the other tourists: it is the largest park in Europe.
- If you can, rent for this visit one of many available electric means: distances are quite great.
- Visit perfectly preserved temples and ruins that look like sleeping giants.
- Ristorante da Vittorio in Porto Palo (Contrada Porto Palo, Menfi – 092 578 381): here, you can taste a baked turbot that deserves to be mentioned.
- Take the ferry towards Mozia, a little delicious island full of incredible archaeological finds.
Then, reach towards South Piazza Armerina, a magnificent Norman village: through its small “herringbone” streets you can reach the Church of St. Peter and the Castello Aragonese.
- Villa Romana del Casale, Unesco World Heritage, has been reopened with its 3500 square meters of multi-coloured mosaic.
- For an excellent dinner with typical Sicilian cuisine at a fair price you can opt for Osteria Al Canale - Via Mazzini,67- Valguarnera Caropepe (Enna) 0935958966.
The Fair of Food and Wine and Tourism, reached its fifth edition, and has as main course “The Taste of Apulia”.
From July 10 to 15, from 6 p.m. to 11.30 p.m. on the new marina of Rodi Garganico, it will take place an intensive section of showcooking made by Chef, representatives of associations for the promotion of Apulian cuisine, Sommelier and Pastry Chefs who will present the Apulian products such as Oil, Wine, dairy products, Pasta, Bread, Fruits of the Season, the vegetables, etc..
These products are the base of Apulian cuisine and are the ingredients of succulent dishes that will be made by skilled professionals to inform and train on how to use the best raw materials and on the healthy aspects of the kitchen.
The Fair and Taste of Wine and Food Tourism is an important opportunity to present the culture and traditions of Apulia; don’t miss your chance to experience and appreciate this beautiful area.
To discover our offers for July, click here!
Verona and its wonderful Arena are ready for the 90th Opera Festival, that takes place from June 22nd to September 2nd 2012.
With a total of fifty performances this music season will begin with Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s Don Giovanni. Other masterpieces will be performed, such as Giuseppe Verdi’s Aida, Bizet’s Carmen, Gounod’s Roméo et Juliette, Giacomo Puccini’s Turandot and Tosca.
Do you like music and would you like to spend a magic evening in the famous Arena? Here is the opera schedule!!!
…And if you want to combine your passion for opera with the pleasure of a holiday in the enchanting Verona, I can suggest you some B&Bs where you can stay.