Palermo and its different tours: Arabic-Norman, baroque or liberty; the ancient town ofSelinunte characterized by its magnificent Greek temples and Piazza Armerina, UNESCO World Heritage Site for its splendid late Roman Villa del Casale.
Do not miss:
- From outside the churches in Palermo seem small: step inside and discover that they have a different size
- The Vucciria: with its colourful stalls and its true people is an authentic slice of Palermo
- Restaurant “Il maestro del brodo” ( +39 091 329523 - Via Pannieri, 7), recommended appetizers typical in Palermo such as ravili stuffs with grouper and fish rolls
- Arancini (rice balls) and the “cassata” in Pasticceria Alba ( +39 091 309016 - Piazza Don Bosco, 7)
- Restaurant Don Ciccio ( +39 091 932442 - Via del Cavaliere, 87 – Bagheria) excellent price/quality ratio
- A few miles from Palermo, there is Monreale: in the cathedral there are spectacular golden mosaics and a magnificient cloister.