Posts Tagged ‘sport’
The English capital is going to break every record as it will be the first city to host the Olympic game for the third time. These games already took place in London in 1908 and in 1948, but the excited atmosphere in the city let us think that this is actually the very first time.
8 Million tickets, more than 200 countries, 26 sports, 32 disciplines, 302 competitions, 80.000 spectators in the Olympic Stadium, which is the biggest stadium ever built for such an occasion. All these remarks let us without a doubt, London is hosting one of the greatest event ever, two entire weeks of sport, passion, perseverance and suspense: competition and friendship, victories and defeats, joy and disappointment will attract and fascinate billions of people.
On July 27th the huge digital clock in Trafalgar Square will stop its countdown and Queen Elizabeth together with Prince Philip, special guests in the Olympic Stadium, will give the official starting signal of the Olympic games. From that moment to September 9th, last day of the Paraolympic games, London will teem with a lot of people: athletes, Olympic staff, spectators and tourists will crowd the English capital city, which will fascinate everyone with its magic Olympic atmosphere.
11) people usually think it is a sport in which everything is allowed (to fight, to get dirty), but actually it has a lot of rules;
12) the coaches are interested in children’s behaviour also outside the pitch;
13) every child, the less talented too, can find their place in a team;
14) it hardens people’s health: they play with all weather conditions;
15) it creates a group, players can rely on, and enables players to make friends with one another.
Photo courtesy of: Elena Barbini